Sample Codes

Injured At Work in Pasadena, Texas or Deer Park, Texas or the Houston area?

Call 1-877-402-6658 and get the compensation YOU need to recover...

If you were injured while on the job, it is important that you follow legal measures in order to receive the proper compensation for your injuries. Work-related injuries happen every day due to employer negligence and carelessness. The first workers' compensation law was passed in Texas in 1913 and today, the laws still help works get the support they need during their recovery time.

Brooks Harrison - Attorneys at Law, PLLC Has Won Millions In Settlements & Verdicts

It can be a delicate balancing act between your employer and the law when seeking to obtain the entirety of your compensation. At Brooks Harrison - Attorneys at Law, PLLC, we know a work injury can significantly affect your life and your finances, and we are here provide the counsel you need in recovering damages.

We offer a free consultation and won't charge you anything until you win.

Ready To Get Started?

We are ready to take on your case. Get a free case evaluation now.


I was injured at work – now what?

Regardless of how your injury occurred, if it happened while on the job, you may be eligible for compensation. You could also be eligible if you develop a work-related illness.

Any work injuries must be reported to your employer within 30 days of when they occurred. If you do not do so, you could lose any rights to your compensation or benefits. After reporting your injury, you are then required to file a claim and submit it to the Texas Department of Insurance within one year of your injury date, which will further protect your rights.

Compensation may be available for the following:

Medical bills

Future medical care

Lost wages

Inability to work

Pain and suffering



It is important that you recall as much information about the injury as possible. Be sure to include where and how the accident occurred, any negligence on your employer's part, as well as any witnesses that were present.

Workplace Injury Frequently Asked Questions

What should I do if I've been injured?

You need to report your injury to your employer within 30 days of your injury so you can obtain the benefits you are entitled to. You also need to send a completed Employee's Claim for Compensation for a Work-Related Injury or Occupational Disease (DCW Form-041) to the Texas Department of Insurance within one year of the injury. You may choose to retain legal counsel during this time to help with the process.

How do I file a claim?

The actually process can seem very simple, but is important that you ensure all information is filled out correctly. You can fill out the DWC Form-041 or complete an online form. From there, you should contact a Pasadena personal injury attorney for help on filing a compensation claim.

My employer treats me differently since my injury, what can I do?

You should contact the Texas Department of Insurance Customer Assistance at 1-800-252-7031 if you are being treated unfairly. It is illegal for an employer to discriminate against anyone for filing a workers' compensation claim. You can also turn to our firm for legal assistance.

What if my injury poses a life-threatening risk to me?

You should seek immediate medical attention if you were injured. You can seek the help of another doctor if your treating doctor is unavailable to treat you.

Is time taken off for doctor or physical therapy appointments considered lost time?

No, lost time is that period of time during which the inured employee is physically unable to work due to a compensable injury.

Is a worker required to use all of their sick an annual leave before they are entitled to receive workers' compensation benefits?

No, the employer can't require an employee to exhaust all accrued leave even if the employee elects to take leave pursuant to the Family Medical Leave Act.

Brooks Harrison - Attorneys at Law, PLLC can help!

Being injured on the job is devastating and you deserve to be properly compensated. With our personalized legal services, our firm can ensure that your case is properly filed, no matter what. Don't wait until it's too late to submit your claim.

Let us help you. Call today for a free consultation!

Sample Codes